- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon, can use more or less to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, yeast, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, butter and egg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Cover and let the batter rest at room temperature for 1 hour, then stir in the baking powder and cinnamon chips with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop the batter into a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the bread for 35 to 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven, let it rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it from the pan to a rack to cool completely.
NotesThis bread slices better when you wait for it to cool down some.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More