- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon, can use more or less to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, yeast, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, butter and egg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Cover and let the batter rest at room temperature for 1 hour, then stir in the baking powder and cinnamon chips with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop the batter into a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the bread for 35 to 45 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven, let it rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it from the pan to a rack to cool completely.
NotesThis bread slices better when you wait for it to cool down some.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More