- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2-inch thick (I use a can of carrots)
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine the carrots, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the sugar, honey and oil. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until the carrots are very tender and only 2 tablespoons liquid remain in the pan and coat the carrots. Do not cook until all the liquid evaporates. Add the cinnamon, stir gently, and remove from heat. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serves four.
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More