- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 Pancakes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon or orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- For topping
- Mix sour cream, zest and sugar in a bowl until smooth; refrigerate.
- For pancakes
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- Place egg white, honey, chocolate chips and milk in well.
- Stir liquid with a wooden spoon until flour is just combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute. Flip and cook other side, about 1 minute more.
- Top with a spoonful of sour cream mixture and berries.
NotesFrom Self Magazine
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More