- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick of butter (the original said unsalted. I used regular) at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 (or so...I always spill) vanilla extract
- 16 oz sour cream (I think it was suppose to be reduced fat but I forgot)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350' F
- Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, in a large bowl...add egg yolks and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Then you will alternately add the sour cream and then the flour mix into the butter mixture.
- In yet another bowl....beat the eggs whites until stuff
- Fold the stiff egg whites into the thick batter.
- Mix together your 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pour Spread 1/2 of the batter into your prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar and 1/2 of the chocolate chips....then carefully spoon and spread the remaining batter into your pan
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar and chocolate chips over the top of your cake
- Bake for about 40 - 50 minutes, or until your inserted toothpick comes out clean
- let it cool before you cut into it.
NotesWhen I first saw this recipe it not only impressed my mental senses but made my mouth water and instantly became a "need"....."must have"......"craving".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
MetroCooking DC 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More