- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla exract
- 3 tablespoons butter,melted
- In a large bowl,combine the flour,1 Cup sugar,baking powder.1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt.In another large bowl,combine the eggs,buttermilk,oil and vanilla;stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the butter into a greased 9-in.x5-in.x3-in. loaf pan.
- In a small bowl,combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon;stir in butter.
- Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture;cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping.Repeat
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yields: 1 Loaf ( 16 servings )
NotesThis is a recipe from the Taste of Home cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Foodie BabySee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More