CINNAMON CRACKLE COOKIES
- Servings: 6 doz
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 half cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbls ground cinnamon 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tatar
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp salt
In a mixing bowl cream butter, shortening and sugars.
Add eggs and extracts, mix well.
Combine the next 8 ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
Shape into 1 inch balls; roll in sugar.
Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350º for 10 to 15 min. until lightly browned.
My note: I press the balls down with a glass dipped in the sugar.
This cookie has everything I like in a cookie.
It has become a fast favorite of mine.