- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 48 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon with 1 cup of the
- sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter or margarine, cream cheese, egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Spread this mixture on the pieces of bread and roll them up. Brush each roll with the melted butter or margarine and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place roll-ups seam side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet, cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze.
- 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Do not thaw the rolls before baking. Remove rolls from the freezer, uncover and bake for 15 minutes at 400F. Serve hot.