- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large apple
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Core, slice and mince apple. In a large bowl, combine the minced apple, honey, water, cinnamon, and oatmeal. Gradually blend in the wheat flour, adding enough to form a stiff dough.
- In a small bowl, add 1/8 cup wheat flour. Spoon the dough by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches (5cm) apart. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in the wheat flour (to prevent sticking), flatten each spoonful of dough into a circle.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each cookie to brown evenly on both sides. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F (165C). Return to oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Let cool overnight.
- Makes about 3 dozen crunchy cookies, depending on cookie size.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
My Family CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More