- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Work all topping ingredings together with your fingertips or with pastry blender, until well mixed. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and butter with your fingertips until butter is well dispersed.
- Stir in beaten egg thoroughly, then add flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle Topping over the surface.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
NotesServed warm, this makes a delicious breakfast bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More