- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Work all topping ingredings together with your fingertips or with pastry blender, until well mixed. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and butter with your fingertips until butter is well dispersed.
- Stir in beaten egg thoroughly, then add flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle Topping over the surface.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
NotesServed warm, this makes a delicious breakfast bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Cooking for a Cure
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More