- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half & half
- 6 lg. egg yolks
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Put sugar, butter and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat, stir until the sugar melts and mixture is bubbly. Whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream until smooth, remove from heat.
- In another pan combine 1 cup heavy cream with half an half and bring to simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk egg yolks until blended. Whisk a small amount of warm cream mixture into yolks, warming them slowly while adding more cream, pour egg mixture back into pan with cream and stir constantly over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes. (Don't boil)
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Pour through fine mesh strainer into large bowl, whisk in brown sugar mixture and 1 tsp cinnamon. Chill in fridge, stir occasionally until cold. Freeze in ice cream maker.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More