- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup sour milk ( I used buttermilk today) ( add 1 tsp. of vinegar to make milk sour)
- 3 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and creamy.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the sour milk. Add vanilla.
- Pour half the batter in a well greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle ½ the filling over the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter over the cinnamon filling. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon filling on top.
- Bake in 350̊ oven for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack completely for 1 hour. Then slice and enjoy.
NotesI have been making this loaf for a long time. I do not know where I got the recipe now, however. It is a very nice loaf. If you like Cinnamon you will really like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Babette's Test Kitchen
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More