- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup sour milk ( I used buttermilk today) ( add 1 tsp. of vinegar to make milk sour)
- 3 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and creamy.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the sour milk. Add vanilla.
- Pour half the batter in a well greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle ½ the filling over the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter over the cinnamon filling. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon filling on top.
- Bake in 350̊ oven for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack completely for 1 hour. Then slice and enjoy.
NotesI have been making this loaf for a long time. I do not know where I got the recipe now, however. It is a very nice loaf. If you like Cinnamon you will really like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More