- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5-8
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 pastry dough, for single crust pie (either store-bought or your own recipe)
- Special Holiday Video... Enter to win a KitchenAid Mini Chopper
- Chef David Lawrence teaches a family how to make a quick dessert - Creamy Mini Tarts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first six ingredients together with wire whisk- batter will be slightly lumpy.
- The batter is very thin.
- Pour into unbaked 10” or 11" pie crust. If you do use a 9" make sure it is a deep dish. This fills the shell completely and this is normal.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until set. If you see that it is not setting up properly, cover crust will foil or crust protector and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until set.
- Let cool before cutting.
NotesThis is a favorite with all the men in our family. This was my great grand-mothers recipe that she made often. Simple to make - when cut you will see 3 different layer colors. *Note - due to several reviews I am updating to strongly suggest the following: You need to use at least a 9" deep dish pan for this recipe. A normal 9" will not work. This recipe does not set up if you halve it. The batter is very thin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More