- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5-8
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 pastry dough, for single crust pie (either store-bought or your own recipe)
- Special Holiday Video... Enter to win a KitchenAid Mini Chopper
- Chef David Lawrence teaches a family how to make a quick dessert - Creamy Mini Tarts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first six ingredients together with wire whisk- batter will be slightly lumpy.
- The batter is very thin.
- Pour into unbaked 10” or 11" pie crust. If you do use a 9" make sure it is a deep dish. This fills the shell completely and this is normal.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until set. If you see that it is not setting up properly, cover crust will foil or crust protector and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until set.
- Let cool before cutting.
NotesThis is a favorite with all the men in our family. This was my great grand-mothers recipe that she made often. Simple to make - when cut you will see 3 different layer colors. *Note - due to several reviews I am updating to strongly suggest the following: You need to use at least a 9" deep dish pan for this recipe. A normal 9" will not work. This recipe does not set up if you halve it. The batter is very thin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More