- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are my favorite raisin bars.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons water
- RAISIN FILLING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture with water. Beat until crumbly.
- Firmly press half into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan; set the remaining oat mixture aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in raisins. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Cool to room temperature; spread over crust. Top with reserved oat mixture and pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Ina small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and cinnamon; stir in enough milk to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. Cut and store in an airtight container.