- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons water
- RAISIN FILLING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture with water. Beat until crumbly.
- Firmly press half into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan; set the remaining oat mixture aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in raisins. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Cool to room temperature; spread over crust. Top with reserved oat mixture and pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Ina small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and cinnamon; stir in enough milk to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. Cut and store in an airtight container.
NotesThese are my favorite raisin bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More