- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place water, milk, shortening, salt, flour, sugar and yeast in a mixer equipped with a dough hook and mix until dough forms and pulls away from the bowl. Add raisins.
- Take dough out of bowl and onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a rectangle. Spread dough with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Roll dough, and divide into two parts. Place loaves in two lightly greased 9x5 inch bread pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush tops of risen loaves with melted butter and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until crust is brown and loaves sound hollow when tapped.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More