- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place water, milk, shortening, salt, flour, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start.
- If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the raisins at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
- Take dough out after first kneading cycle has finished. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle. Spread dough with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Roll dough, and divide into two parts. Place loaves in two lightly greased 9x5 inch bread pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush tops of risen loaves with melted butter and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until crust is brown and loaves sound hollow when tapped.
- Original recipe yield: 2 - 9x5 inch loaves
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More