- Cooking Time: 50-60 mins
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 10 oz of large dice Pandoro (about 7 cups)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Amaretto or any nut flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup sugar plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cinnamon Roll Glaze (recipe to follow if you don't have one)
- Preheat your oven to 350' F.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the diced bread and arrange in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk, cream, Amaretto, 1/2 cup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread. Let everything soak together for at least 15 minutes.
- Bring about 8 cups of water to a simmer.
- Top the bread pudding mixture with pecans and sprinkle with about a tablespoon of sugar. Place the dish into a larger roasting pan and add enough hot water to reach about halfway up the side of the baking dish, creating a water bath.
- Place both dishes in the oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until custard has set and the top is browned. Remove from water bath and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- To make a simple glaze, combine 4 TB butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla. Beat until combined. Add 3 - 6 TB of hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. Drizzle over the top, reserving some for individual servings as desired.
NotesWhat do you do when your husband brings home Pandoro (traditional Italian sweet yeast bread) and you forget to eat, serve or otherwise do anything with it during the holidays?
You make bread pudding.
Crazy good bread pudding.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More