- Cooking Time: 10 to 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In saucepan combine milk and whipping cream. Heat until mixture almost simmers.
- In large mixing bowl lightly beat 4 egg yolks,
- then beat in sugar and cornstarch into the mixture.
- Slowly whisk half of the hot milk mixture into egg mixture.
- Return all the mixture to the saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens and reaches 180°F - 190°F; approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Immediately pour hot mixture into a bowl. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla and butter or margarine.
- Serve warmed sauce with warm pudding
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More