- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine,
- Cut into small pieces
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour, sifted
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Veggie oil for deep frying
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter with 1/2 cup water. Stir over low
- heat until butter is melted. Bring just to boiling; add salt, and
- remove from heat.
- Add flour all a once; beat very hard with a wooden spoon. over low
- heat, beat until very smooth-about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Beat in eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Continue beating until
- mixture has a satinlike sheen.
- Meanwhile, in a deep skillet or deep fryer, slowly heat veggie oil (at
- least 1-1/2 inch) to 380*F on deep fry thermometer.
- Press the doughnut mixture through a large pastry bag with a large,
- fluted tip, 1/2 inch wide. With wet scissors, cut batter into 2 inch
- lengths as it drops into hot oil.
- Deep fry, a few at a time, 2 minutes on each side, or until
- golden-brown. You may need to use a spoon to turn them for even frying. Lift out with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towels.
- Meanwhile combine cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Toss drained doughnuts in sugar mixture to coat well. Serve warm.
NotesI love these... so unique and delicious on a sunday morning. However, I haven't made these once, without burning myself!!!! LOL
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More