- Cooking Time: 55
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas - about 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In bowl, mix flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Stir in the buttermilk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Then stir in the bananas until well combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes.
- Cool the bread in pan for 10 minutes, Then remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More