- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 large plums (about 1 1/4 pounds), pitted, cut into 1/2-inch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 9-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer,beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, then lemon juice and lemon peel, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in flour mixture.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Press plum wedges halfway into batter in concentric circles, spacing slightly apart.
- Mix remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over plums. Bake until cake is browned on top
- and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cut around cake; release pan sides.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
NotesI made this several times last plum season and everyone thought it was great. Easy to make and quite tasty.