- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 large plums (about 1 1/4 pounds), pitted, cut into 1/2-inch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 9-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer,beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, then lemon juice and lemon peel, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in flour mixture.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Press plum wedges halfway into batter in concentric circles, spacing slightly apart.
- Mix remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over plums. Bake until cake is browned on top
- and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cut around cake; release pan sides.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
NotesI made this several times last plum season and everyone thought it was great. Easy to make and quite tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Italy or BustSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More