- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEasy and GREAT! T-N-T
I'm NOT a bread maker but this one is easy and awesome, smells wonderful when baking!
This bread is very crumbly if you try to eat it right away. Still tastes great, but is messy. If you wrap it and let it sit a day, it slices very nicely.
- 1-1/3 cup granulated sugar - divided
- 2 tsp ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder (yes-- tablespoon)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 c. sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar. Combine egg, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Stir by hand just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Draw a knife through batter quite a dew times to marble well.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool. Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing.
- NOTE*** I like to mix cinnamon and sugar and dust the pan before baking, yum!