- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3 in. loaf pan. In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup of the sugar, the nuts and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl combine the remaining 1 cup sugar, the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, set aside.
- In a bowl beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy)
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Draw a wide rubber scraper down through batter and up in a circular motion to marble. Bake 45 to 50 min or until a wooden toothick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 min. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap an store bread overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.
NotesMarble the cinnamon nut streusel throughout the batter so there is luscious crunch in every bite of bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Christmas CookiesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More