- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Grease and flour the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3 in. loaf pan. In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup of the sugar, the nuts and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl combine the remaining 1 cup sugar, the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, set aside.
- In a bowl beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy)
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Draw a wide rubber scraper down through batter and up in a circular motion to marble. Bake 45 to 50 min or until a wooden toothick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 min. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap an store bread overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.
NotesMarble the cinnamon nut streusel throughout the batter so there is luscious crunch in every bite of bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More