CINNAMON SWIRL COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 19 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- you will need a bit more for rolling the dough
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. softened butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Make the dough: Sift flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar and orange zest in a mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs on at a time.
- Reduce speed and gradually add flour until just combined.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or over night.
- On a well floured surface roll dough into a rectangle of 10 X 12 inches. Transfer this onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Make filling until crumbly. Crumble mixture evenly over rectangles.
- Starting at long edge roll first rectangle into log and wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for 1 hour or over night.
- Preheat oven 350º.
- Cut each long crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Transfer onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake until edges are golden brown, about 19 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
- Cookies will keep, covered for up to 3 days.
NotesI was looking through a Martha Stewart Living magazine February 2009 and saw this cookie and decided to try it. Cinnamon and walnuts sounded like a great combo. These cookies are the best. However, they are a bit of a pain to make you have to keep putting it in the frig to get cold.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More