- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioner' s sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp. milk
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over loaf.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Special SmoothiesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More