- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250 ml warm water
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g of strong flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 150 g raisins
- 70 g cane sugar + 1 teaspoon
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten
- Crumble the yeast in the kneader bowl (normal large bowl, if kneading by hand), add a pinch of sugar, then dissolve everything with the warm water. let it rest for 10-15 minute, until it foams.
- Add flours, sugar, and half the butter. Knead for 10 minutes on medium speed. Add raisins and knead for another 5 minutes. Form a ball and place it in an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic and let it rest until it doubles, for 1-2 hours.
- Roll out the dough in a 30x25 centimetres square. Mix cane sugar with cinnamon, nutmeg and the remaining melted butter. Brush the rolled dough with some of the beaten egg, sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon- butter mixture and rub everything together with the back of a spoon. Roll up the dough tightly, beginning from the short side. Close the ends and lay the sausage in a buttered plum-cake pan, 22x12 centimetres. Let it rise for 30 minutes in a warm enviroment.
- Preheat the oven at 220° C.
- When the dough is well risen, brush it with the remaining beaten egg and a teaspoon of cane sugar. Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature at 180° C and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let it coll before to slice it.
- Warning: gives addiction...
NotesDirectly from Martha Stewart's website, with few, minor changes! Warning: gives addiction...
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More