- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package Duncan Hines Cinnamon Muffin Mix,divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package quick -rising yeast
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup hot water (120* to 130* F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1&1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2&1/2 tablespoons milk
- Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- For rolls, combine muffin mix, flour and yeast in large bowl;
- set aside.
- Combine contents of swirl packet from mix, egg, hot water and melted butter in medium bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into flour mixture; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Invert onto well-floured surface; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth, adding flour as necessary.
- Divide dough in half.
- Cut and shape 24 small ropes from each half. Braid 3 ropes to form small twist and place on greased baking sheet.
- Combine egg white and 1 teaspoon water in small bowl.
- Brush each twist with the egg white mixture and sprinkle with the contents of the topping packety from the mix.
- Allow twists to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Bake at 375* for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to cooling racks.
- For topping combine confectioners' sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm rools.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
- MAKES 16 Rolls
NotesI got this recipe from a friend a few years ago and it has become a week-end favorite for breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More