- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package Duncan Hines Cinnamon Muffin Mix,divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package quick -rising yeast
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup hot water (120* to 130* F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1&1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2&1/2 tablespoons milk
- Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- For rolls, combine muffin mix, flour and yeast in large bowl;
- set aside.
- Combine contents of swirl packet from mix, egg, hot water and melted butter in medium bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into flour mixture; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Invert onto well-floured surface; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth, adding flour as necessary.
- Divide dough in half.
- Cut and shape 24 small ropes from each half. Braid 3 ropes to form small twist and place on greased baking sheet.
- Combine egg white and 1 teaspoon water in small bowl.
- Brush each twist with the egg white mixture and sprinkle with the contents of the topping packety from the mix.
- Allow twists to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Bake at 375* for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to cooling racks.
- For topping combine confectioners' sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm rools.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
- MAKES 16 Rolls
NotesI got this recipe from a friend a few years ago and it has become a week-end favorite for breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Home cookingSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More