CINNAMON VANILLA BUCKWHEAT PORRIDGE
Cinnamon Vanilla Buckwheat Porridge
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups raw buckwheat groats, soaked for 12 hours, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup flaked prepared (germinated and dehydrated) oats
- 1 ripe pear
- 6 dates or prunes, pitted
- 1" vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mesquite
- 4 tablespoons germinated buckwheat (from above batch)
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice or water
- Assorted fresh and dried fruits of preference
Reserving 4 tablespoons of the germinated buckwheat, mix together with the oats in a bowl until evenly distributed. Set aside.
Place the reserved buckwheat in a blender along with the next seven ingredients and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Pour into the buckwheat/oat bowl and incorporate until evenly distributed.
Stir in by hand and top with additional fresh and dried fruits from an assorted variety, such as apricots, bananas, raisins, figs, berries, currants, etc.
I saw an inspiring recipe for a buckwheat porridge the other day, just looking at it intensified my cravings for a hearty bowl of porridge! I set to work with my dear sister immediately in the kitchen and together, with the Lord's blessing, we achieved our goal: an energizing, wholly nourishing bowl of Buckwheat Porridge loaded with the creamy flavors of ripe pears and bananas, topped with raisins and a hint of mesquite (I just couldn't resist!), and chock full of live enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients! Praise the Lord because it's all that and frugally simple! :)