- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c finely chopped walnuts
- 4 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c cold butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c whipping cream
- 1/4 c buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and cream
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface gently pat into a 7-in. circle, 3/4-in. thick.
- Cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet brush tops with buttermilk.
- Let rest 15 minutes. Bake at 450F for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesA bit heavy for a breakfast treat this time of year but in the fall.... yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More