CINNAMON AND GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE
Cinnamon and Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 6-16
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 4 Tbsp agave nectar or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh ginger juice (grate fresh ginger and squeeze out the juice) or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon depending on taste
Bring the raisins, cherries, cranberries, orange juice and water to the boil.
Simmer for about ten minutes or until some of the cranberries start to burst open. Some will burst open and some will not. This gives a great texture.
Now add in the agave nectar, ginger juice, orange zest and cinnamon and simmer for a few more minutes just to allow the flavors to infuse.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
Once cooled, you can place a stick blender into the pan and blend a little if you want a smoother consistency.
Chill in the fridge for at least a few hours to allow the sauce to thicken and the flavors to infuse. This tastes even better the next day.