- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup whole dates, pitted and sliced
- ~I recommend 1-2 cups dry cous cous.
- ~Cook cous cous or rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon with the cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and salt in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and toss well to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Saute the chicken over medium heat until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Saute apples and dates in the skillet for 1 minute. Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon cinnamon; cook and stir to coat. Spoon apples and dates onto chicken. Serve warm on top of cous cous or rice.
NotesI found this recipe on marthastewart.com one night while I was trying to make something with ingredients that I already had. The only thing I need to buy was the dates. I recommend serving it with a cous cous or rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More