CINNAMON-SPICED MOROCCAN CHICKEN.
Cinnamon-spiced Moroccan chicken.
- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup whole dates, pitted and sliced
- ~I recommend 1-2 cups dry cous cous.
~Cook cous cous or rice according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, combine 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon with the cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and salt in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and toss well to coat.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Saute the chicken over medium heat until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet.
Saute apples and dates in the skillet for 1 minute. Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon cinnamon; cook and stir to coat. Spoon apples and dates onto chicken. Serve warm on top of cous cous or rice.
Website Credit: http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/cinnamon-spiced-moroccan-chicken?autonomy_kw=Moroccan%20Spiced%20chicken&rsc=image_3