- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Servings: 6 (2 1/2 dz)
- Preparation Time: 10
- * 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- * 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- * 3 teaspoons baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- * 1/2 cup milk
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. round baking pan. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 dozen).
NotesI got this off of the Taste of Home website...and they are requested over and over and over again from my little ones! The name is Cinnamon Breakfast Bites...but my two little girls call them Cinnamononony Breakfast Bites. These are soo yummy you can't just have one. I don't use margarine...butter all the way baby.