- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups fresh mint, rinsed, stems trimmed (about 6 large bunches)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons finely grated orange peel
- 5 cups cold water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups bourbon
- crushed ice
- 10 servings
- 24 hours 10 minutes 24 hrs prep
- Combine mint, lemon juice, orange juice, and orange peel in a large heatproof bowl.
- Bring 5 cups water and sugar to boil in large saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil until syrup is reduced to 5 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over mint and juices. Let stand 15 minutes. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and chill 1 day.
- Strain syrup into large pitcher, pressing on solids in strainer to release all syrup. Add bourbon, then 2 cups crushed ice and stir until ice dissolves.
- Pour bourbon mixture over crushed ice in galsses, garnish with mint sprigs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More