- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 3 lb. broiler-fryer chicken
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 T. honey
- 1 t. low-sodium soy sauce
- Cut 3 slices each from orange and lime.
- Squeeze juice from remaining pieces of lime and orange and reserve peels for chicken and juice for sauce.
- Prepare chicken for roasting.
- Loosen breast skin and arrange citrus slices under it.
- Stuff cavity with orange and lime peels and onion.
- Tie legs.
- Roast at 400 degrees with a meat thermometer, loosely covering chicken with foil during first 30 minutes of cooking.
- Cook until thermometer reaches 185 degrees, about 1 hour.
- Discard stuffing and skin before carving
- Simmer citrus juices, honey and soy sauce over low heat in a small saucepan for 3 minutes. Serve with chicken.
NotesThis is very good and very easy. Will make many times in the future.
Source: Quick & Healthy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More