- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 3 lb. broiler-fryer chicken
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 T. honey
- 1 t. low-sodium soy sauce
- Cut 3 slices each from orange and lime.
- Squeeze juice from remaining pieces of lime and orange and reserve peels for chicken and juice for sauce.
- Prepare chicken for roasting.
- Loosen breast skin and arrange citrus slices under it.
- Stuff cavity with orange and lime peels and onion.
- Tie legs.
- Roast at 400 degrees with a meat thermometer, loosely covering chicken with foil during first 30 minutes of cooking.
- Cook until thermometer reaches 185 degrees, about 1 hour.
- Discard stuffing and skin before carving
- Simmer citrus juices, honey and soy sauce over low heat in a small saucepan for 3 minutes. Serve with chicken.
NotesThis is very good and very easy. Will make many times in the future.
Source: Quick & Healthy
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More