- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 blood oranges
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- salt, pepper, and a pinch of cumin
- Cut peel off of citrus fruits and slice around the core.
- Toss the core and chop fruit into small pieces, then combine with other ingredients and gently mix.
- Enjoy right away or let sit at room temperature for 30 min so flavors meld.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Note: not all tortilla chips are created equal! Some are more whole grain than others; so try to find one that has 130 calories and at least 3 grams of fiber per serving. I like the Trader Joe’s Stone Ground Corn Tortilla Chips, and the Spicy Soy Flaxseed Tortilla Chips (both have 4g fiber/serving).
NotesEating a variety of brightly colored fruits & veggies is a good idea for all sorts of reasons, so I love experimenting with different ways to do it. Here’s a new way to spice up some winter fruits you might be tired of by now.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More