- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250 g flour
- 125 g butter (at room temp.)
- 125 g powdered sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 1 orange (only zest)
- 1/2 lemon (only zest)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- sliced almonds
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg, the yolk the vanilla extract and the finely grated orange and lemon zests and mix shortly.
- Mix in the flour, whisked or sifted together with salt, and form the dough.
- Divide it in two parts, form two discs, cover them with plastic wrap and cool in the fridge for 1/2 an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 5 mm thick and cut with a crescent shaped cookie cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Mix the egg yolk with a TBsp of water and brush the cookies. Decorate them with sliced almonds
- and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More