- Cooking Time: 75 min
- Servings: 10 -12
- Preparation Time: 25 min
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrot, grated
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural California pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) tubs pineapple yogurt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 5 cups unsifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice (or enough to make a good spreadable consistency).
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and carrots in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and 3/4 cup pistachios.
- Mix portions of dry mixture (about 1/3 at a time) into egg mixture alternately with yogurt.
- preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Turn into greased and floured 14-cup bundt pan or crown ring mold.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour 15 minutes or until pick inserted into cake comes out dry.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan, then loosen top edges and gently invert from pan onto wire rack.
- When cake is completely cool, spread icing on top and decorate with remaining 1/4 cup pistachios.
- Mix Butter and powdered sugar til creamy,
- add grated orange peel.
- Add orange juice until spreadable
NotesNice cake for a fall party
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More