- Cooking Time: 75 min
- Servings: 10 -12
- Preparation Time: 25 min
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrot, grated
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural California pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) tubs pineapple yogurt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 5 cups unsifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice (or enough to make a good spreadable consistency).
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and carrots in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and 3/4 cup pistachios.
- Mix portions of dry mixture (about 1/3 at a time) into egg mixture alternately with yogurt.
- preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Turn into greased and floured 14-cup bundt pan or crown ring mold.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour 15 minutes or until pick inserted into cake comes out dry.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan, then loosen top edges and gently invert from pan onto wire rack.
- When cake is completely cool, spread icing on top and decorate with remaining 1/4 cup pistachios.
- Mix Butter and powdered sugar til creamy,
- add grated orange peel.
- Add orange juice until spreadable
NotesNice cake for a fall party
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Koken met Oma
Summertime SippersSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More