- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 lbs. veal, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 lbs. pork, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 eggs for coating
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- wooden skewers 6 inches long
- olive oil
- 1 to 2 cups Italian Breadcrumbs
- 5 T. Romano cheese
- Pierce the meat onto wooden skewers, alternating pork and veal.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Beat eggs in a dish, add the garlic powder and onion powder.
- Add the Romano cheese to the breadcrumbs.
- Roll the meat skewers in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs.
- Add meat to skillet of hot oil and brown on all sides.
- Put onto a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
NotesI think City Chicken is a regional dish you will only find in southwestern Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia and maybe southeastern Ohio. You can buy them already made up in the grocery store, or make them yourself with this recipe.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More