- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/3 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 2 stocks broccoli, stock only, peeled, cubed
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 shallot clove, large, diced
- 5-6 oz can clams
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch freshy parsley, chopped
- the leaves from 2 twigs fresh marjoram, chopped
- olive oil
- optional garnish--for each serving:
- smoked salmon
- reserved parsley
- Boil potatoes in salted water, add cabbage and broccoli, cook until soft. Drain.
- Sautee minced shallot and serrano in olive oil.
- Melt butter and add flour, mix. Cook until slightly browned, add milk slowly, stir until there are no lumps.
- Combine in a soup pot. Add can of clams including liquid. Heat enough to warm, but do not boil. Add salt to taste. 15 minutes before serving, add fresh herbs and pepper. Reserve small amount of parsley for garnish.
- Optional garnish: Top with a bit of smoked salmon and sprinkle with reserved parsley.
NotesMy husband purchased not one, but 2 heads of cabbage. A normal sized green head and a jumbo sized purple head. What to do?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More