- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryMy husband purchased not one, but 2 heads of cabbage. A normal sized green head and a jumbo sized purple head. What to do?
- 1/3 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 2 stocks broccoli, stock only, peeled, cubed
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 shallot clove, large, diced
- 5-6 oz can clams
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch freshy parsley, chopped
- the leaves from 2 twigs fresh marjoram, chopped
- olive oil
- optional garnish--for each serving:
- smoked salmon
- reserved parsley
- Boil potatoes in salted water, add cabbage and broccoli, cook until soft. Drain.
- Sautee minced shallot and serrano in olive oil.
- Melt butter and add flour, mix. Cook until slightly browned, add milk slowly, stir until there are no lumps.
- Combine in a soup pot. Add can of clams including liquid. Heat enough to warm, but do not boil. Add salt to taste. 15 minutes before serving, add fresh herbs and pepper. Reserve small amount of parsley for garnish.
- Optional garnish: Top with a bit of smoked salmon and sprinkle with reserved parsley.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Great Everyday MealsSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More