- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 to 4 strips bacon diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb red skin potatoes, diced
- 2 1/2 cups clam juice
- 3 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 lb corn kernels
- 1 lb clams
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Saute bacon until brown and crisp, put on paper towels, and pour off all but 3 tbsp fat. Add onion, saute, and then add potatoes and stir until coated. Add clam juice, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add half and half, corn, clams, thyme and half of bacon; cook uncovered until potatoes and corn are tender (~5 min)
- Garnish with sprinkle of bacon.
- Consider using a roux of 3 tbsps flour and 3 tbsp butter along with whole milk instead of using half and half.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More