- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 to 4 strips bacon diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb red skin potatoes, diced
- 2 1/2 cups clam juice
- 3 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 lb corn kernels
- 1 lb clams
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Saute bacon until brown and crisp, put on paper towels, and pour off all but 3 tbsp fat. Add onion, saute, and then add potatoes and stir until coated. Add clam juice, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add half and half, corn, clams, thyme and half of bacon; cook uncovered until potatoes and corn are tender (~5 min)
- Garnish with sprinkle of bacon.
- Consider using a roux of 3 tbsps flour and 3 tbsp butter along with whole milk instead of using half and half.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More