- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 small cans chopped clams (drained)
- 5- 6 potatoes (I use red bliss)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 pieces bacon
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 4 c. milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cook until tender. While potatoes cook;
- In dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and
- put aside. Add onion and celery to drippings and cook
- till tender. Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add flour and stir until frothy. Slowly add
- milk and cream. Cook for a few minutes. Add milk mixture to
- celery & onions. Stir in drained clams, potatoes,
- crumbled bacon and salt & pepper. Cook over low
- heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Makes about 2 quarts.
- Great served in bread bowls.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cooking with SabraSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More