- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups peeled and sliced potatoes
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 cans chopped clams (reserve 1/2 cup liquid)
- 1/8 tsp. thyme and basil
- Saute onions and celery in large pot.
- Add the potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove 1/2 of the mixture with a slotted spoon and put in a blender.
- Add the reserved clam juice and spices; blend until smooth.
- Return blended mixture to the pot.
- Stir in the clams & milk and heat through (do not boil).
NotesWe went out to dinner last and I had a wonderful clam chowder, I'm hoping this recipe will be close. According to my notes, it says that it tasted like it came from a restaurant! I hope so. I have another recipe at home that I know I've made before, which is pretty good. I'll have to wait until I get back home to share. This one say it came from Richard Simmons, so should be a healthy version.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More