- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large potatoes, in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, julienne slice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper - (I use a bit more)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- 1 whole clove
- 1 can Progresso New England Clam Chowder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cans baby clams
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes -OR white pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Put 1st 7 ingredients in a pot, cover with water. Boil till barely tender.
- Drain. Remove and discard bay and clove. Remove garlic clove and add to soup.
- In the blender, add soup and milk, plus the juice from 1 can of clams. Blend till soup is almost a puree.
- In baking dish, put 1/3 of the potatoes, distribute evenly. Add 1 can drained clams, distribute evenly. Add 1/2 soup mix. Repeat...then top with remaining
- 1/3 potatoes.
- Mix Bisquick, pepper flakes, milk and egg, pour over potatoes - spread to edges.
- Bake at 400' - 30 minutes
NotesBill Lee loved this...It was one of 2 recipes he asked for when we divorced...
The other was crab cakes.