- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana - about 3 bananas (I only had 2 so that's what I used)
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I substituted reduced-fat sour cream because that's what I had)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour (mine took 65 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Notesfrom Cooking Light
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More