- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana - about 3 bananas (I only had 2 so that's what I used)
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I substituted reduced-fat sour cream because that's what I had)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour (mine took 65 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Notesfrom Cooking Light
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More