- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups cake flour (I used regular flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In 1 medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a second bowl use the wooden spoon to beat together the egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow. Add the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix.
- In third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using the rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not overmix!
- Coat the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid.
- Close and cook as per manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
NotesWhile looking for a good recipe for Belgian Waffles, I stumbled upon this recipe on line by Emeril Lagassse. It's Delicious and BIG HIT with my boys and their friends!