- Cooking Time: 14 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 TBS melted butter
- Heat oven to 400. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add shortening with a pastry blender or potato masher, cutting until shortening is in very small pieces. Stir in milk.
- Gather dough together, kneading slightly if dry. Pat out to 1/2" thickness and cut into as many biscuits as possible with a 2 3/4" biscuit cutter. Gently gather scraps together and repeat pattig and cutting, for a total of 8 biscuits. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Brush biscuits with butter.
- Bake biscuits at 400 for 14 minutes or until risen and golden ton top. Cool slightly before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More