- Cooking Time: 14 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 TBS melted butter
- Heat oven to 400. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add shortening with a pastry blender or potato masher, cutting until shortening is in very small pieces. Stir in milk.
- Gather dough together, kneading slightly if dry. Pat out to 1/2" thickness and cut into as many biscuits as possible with a 2 3/4" biscuit cutter. Gently gather scraps together and repeat pattig and cutting, for a total of 8 biscuits. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Brush biscuits with butter.
- Bake biscuits at 400 for 14 minutes or until risen and golden ton top. Cool slightly before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More