- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 2 cups (1 pt.)cold whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Toffee Bits or MINI KISSES
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally, until mixture is stiff.
- Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, topped with toffee bits or chocolate pieces.
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE:
- Spoon mousse into 6 or 9-oz. packaged graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours.
- Garnish with cherry pie filling, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TORTE:
- Use frozen pound cake (10-3/4-oz pkg.), thawed. Cut horizontally to make 3 or 4 layers.
- Place bottom layer on serving plate.
- Spread with mousse.
- Repeat layering.
- Cover top and sides of torte.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate covered in refrigerator.
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PASTRY PUFFS:
- Use 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen puff pastry shells (6 shells per pkg.).
- Bake as directed on package.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Spoon mousse into pastry shells.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and toffee. Refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, Toffee Bits or MINI KISSES
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
MidLife Road Trip's
Koken met OmaSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More