- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Put the cranberries and the sugar in a saucepan and put on medium-high heat. Stir to coat cranberries equally with sugar.
- Let cranberries cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occassionally so they don't stick. The cranberries and sugar will form their own juices, which will thicken during cooking.
- During the last 3-5 minutes of cooking, stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. This will brighten the flavor of the cranberries.
- You may need to cook the cranberries slightly longer to thicken the juice- it just depends on how juicy your cranberries are. Just watch it and stir frequently so it doesn't burn.
- You can serve it warm or at room temperature for a saucy version, or you can serve it chilled for a more jelled version.
NotesCranberry Sauce from a can!? If you're going to the trouble of doing up a whole Thanksgiving dinner, you can certainly have FRESH cranberry sauce on your table- and it only takes 10 minutes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More