- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, diced,room temp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 8x8 inch metal baking pan. Brind 1 1/2 cups water to simmer in medium saucepan. Add dates; simmer until very soft and thick, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Stire in vanilla.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl stir to blend. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub in until moist clumps form. Press half of oat mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Spread date mixture over. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture; press gently to adhere. Bake until brown at edges and golden brown and set in cetner, about 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into bars and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More