- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryFrench fries wrapped in a paper cone and dipped in Japanese mayo. Oh là là!
- 1 ½ kg russet potatoes
- 2 litres vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Coarse salt
- Wafu® Sesame Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut out any eyes or dark spots. Slice potatoes lengthwise into 5 mm thick sticks. Transfer cut potatoes to a large bowl and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Cover with water and ice and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour oil into a deep fryer about two-thirds up side. Heat oil over medium-low heat to 150°C.
- Drain potatoes and dry well.
- Increase heat to medium-high to 160°C. Add potatoes in batches. Deep-fry potatoes until tender and until they start to change colour, about 6 minutes. Using a skimmer or slotted spoon, remove fries from oil and transfer to paper towel-lined rack. Let drain and rest for 10 minutes to 1 hour.
- French fries need to be fried twice. When ready to serve, reheat oil to 190°C. Refry potatoes in batches for 3 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer fries to paper towel-lined rack.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve fries with sesame mayo.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More