- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 ½ kg russet potatoes
- 2 litres vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Coarse salt
- Wafu® Sesame Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut out any eyes or dark spots. Slice potatoes lengthwise into 5 mm thick sticks. Transfer cut potatoes to a large bowl and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Cover with water and ice and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour oil into a deep fryer about two-thirds up side. Heat oil over medium-low heat to 150°C.
- Drain potatoes and dry well.
- Increase heat to medium-high to 160°C. Add potatoes in batches. Deep-fry potatoes until tender and until they start to change colour, about 6 minutes. Using a skimmer or slotted spoon, remove fries from oil and transfer to paper towel-lined rack. Let drain and rest for 10 minutes to 1 hour.
- French fries need to be fried twice. When ready to serve, reheat oil to 190°C. Refry potatoes in batches for 3 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer fries to paper towel-lined rack.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve fries with sesame mayo.
NotesFrench fries wrapped in a paper cone and dipped in Japanese mayo. Oh là là!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More