- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 c finely minced onion
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I put a little more than this)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp (calls for jumbo but I used large), peeled and deveined
- coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1 pinch dried thyme (small pinch)
- Heat a large skillet over meduim to meduim high heat. Add oil and heat 1 minute. Add onion. When onion speaks by sizzling in oil, add garlic. When garlic speaks, add red pepper flakes and bay leaf and saute, stirring constantly for 1 minute more. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes and transfer to a serving dish. Remove bay leaf. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over shrimp.
- Return pan to heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add wine and thyme. Bring wine to a boil and reduce liquid 1 minute. Pour sauce over shrimp and serve.